•  
  •  

This month:

(0) events

Forums Home > Care, Cleaning and Repai... > Vinyl > problem with a glue remover
problem with a glue remover
Burney
Image: Author Image

I did a vinyl installation for a neighbor of mine. I used a glue remover to remove some excess glue from the edges. Some of the solution must have gotten under the edges of the flooring because the next day, several tiles had started to curl up. (Note that my neighbor choose to use the cheapest vinyl they could find). I need a way to get glue back under these edges, without getting it on the surface again. Do they make a tool to inject glue under the surface?
ScottSummers

RE: problem with a glue remover
You could use a syringe. You can get them at flooring supply stores or pharmacies. What you might try first is just heating-up the edges of the tiles with a blow dryer and then rolling them back into the glue with a hand roller. Weight them over night with something heavy and flat. A framing square and paint buckets works well, or some flat bricks. If this doesn't work, I recommend removing the affected tiles completely and reapplying the adhesive. Most vinyl tiles should only be installed after sufficient open time, so let the glue tack-up some and you shouldn't have the problem with seam contamination. Also make sure you're using the recommended trowel size and adhesive remover. For most vinyl floors a small amount of mineral spirits on a clean rag will easily remove adhesive residue. Never apply it directly to the floor.
Burney

RE: problem with a glue remover
Thanks I'll try the syringe thing.  I already tried heating up the tiles then weighting them. 
Our members have made a total of 646 posts
We have 8296 registered members
The newest member is Ricketson
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>