• S
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

This month:

(0) events

Forums Home > Job Cost Analysis > What do you say?
What do you say?
monty
Image: Author Image

What do you say when your customer tells you someone beat your installation quote by $100 or so?
MichaelPrachniak
Posted: August 18, 2008 5:45 PM

RE: What do you say?
Explain to your customers why choosing you would be the wiser choice. Emphasize the quality and expertise your company provides and explain that it is not worth it to cut costs and sacrifice quality. Sell yourself!
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - TileProductions.com

Check out FAF''''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
ScottSummers

If it's a job that's worth a few grand, it might be worth going the box store route and matching your competitor's price. If it's a job I want and the customer really wants to use me but is hung-up on a hundred bucks, I'd offer to split the difference with them or even match the other guy's bid. If it's a smaller job that I don't want to do for less, I'm with Michael. Quality doesn't always come cheap. Encourage your cutsomer to ask lots of questions of both of you and even give them some pictures and references.
DelWallace

I agree that if its a small job and you don't really need to do it pass it up. If it is a large job you may have a $100 that you can give up if they will sign the contract immediatly. You may re-negotiate the payment terms at that time to make them more to your liking.
Our members have made a total of 648 posts
We have 8489 registered members
The newest member is Steadham
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>