•  

This month:

(0) events

Forums Home > Open Chat > Most Interesting Job
Most Interesting Job
MichaelPrachniak
Image: Author Image
Posted: August 31, 2008 7:53 PM

What is the most interesting flooring job you have every done? For me it was retiling the kitchens of Planet Hollywood Orlando. The only downside was that I had to work from 3 to 7 am. I had to use fast setting thinset and fast setting grout and work fast in order to finish before the kitchen staff arrived. It was stressful but quite an experience.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - TileProductions.com

Check out FAF''''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
DelWallace

RE: Most Interesting Job
You and I have been at this game for along time now. Me since 1970 and there are many interesting jobs and experiences. Two come to mind that were both rewarding and challeging. The first was a school mascot similiar to the Duke Blue Devil. The head was about 2 1/2 ft. tall and hand cut with 1" mosaic tiles. It took 2 weeks to cut it out but it looked pretty good when it was done. The other was another school mascot like the Mississippi State bulldog. It was on high bank behind the goal posts at the stadium and about 15' x 20'. Several colors, hand done from a drawing and again with 1" mosaics. And yea, it was no fun to grout.
ScottSummers

It's always the tedious, detailed jobs that you remember. I have had several commercial carpet and vinyl jobs with big circles cut out and designs heat welded in. I would love to do more of these types of jobs but they take time and it seems like, lately, there's always an installer who's hungrier than me and willing to work cheaper.
qualityfloors

While I haven't done anywhere nearly as interesting as Planet Hollywood, I have a few local restaurants where I also had to work the night shift and get it done before the staff arrived the next morning.  Talk about a high pressure job!
Henry

My most interesting job was doing a tile mosiac in a local church.  It took me three days to complete and featured a hugh mosiac of Jesus on a cross.  Talk about hard work.
MichaelPrachniak
Posted: March 16, 2009 9:09 PM

Sounds beautiful. I would have loved to seen it.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - TileProductions.com

Check out FAF''''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
Our members have made a total of 648 posts
We have 8509 registered members
The newest member is sentaranu
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>