•  
  •  

This month:

(0) events

Which Laminate is Best?
MichaelPrachniak
Image: Author Image
Posted: August 31, 2008 8:40 PM

Can someone recommend a brand of laminate flooring? I want the best I can get. I made the mistake of installing a very cheap laminate and now, several years later, there are scratches everywhere.
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - TileProductions.com

Check out FAF''''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
ScottSummers

RE: Which Laminate is Best?
There are lots of good ones out there. As with most flooring, you get what you pay for. I like Quickstep and Armstrong products because they are easy to work with and they have some very realistic patterns. The new textured surfaces and beveled edges on some of these patterns are amazing. Wilsonart makes a high end product that is rated for commercial use and seems to hold-up very well, but they are being stubborn and clinging to a ridiculous tap and lock system that has to be glued in order to keep it together. They've now packaged the glue in a sporty looking bottle and given it a cool name, "Blue Fusion," But in this day of easy and durable click together floors, why anyone would choose a glue together, I have no idea. Compared to the other brands out there, this system is a pain in the guess where to install. After refusing to install another for a coupel of years, I just caved last week and did one. It will be a few years before I consent to do another! If they'd get their act together and join the click revolution, I would probably recommend Wilsonart over most of them, but right now, I recommend looking elsewhere. Whatever you decide, just remember, there is no such thing as cheap and durable.
MichaelPrachniak
Posted: September 16, 2008 11:15 PM

Thanks Scott, for the great info. I definately don't want the fuss of glue down laminate. I will check out the line of Quickstep and Armstrong products like you mentioned.

Thanks again!
Michael Prachniak - Expert Tile and Stone Consultant and Writer, Owner - TileProductions.com

Check out FAF''''s tile section!
www.findanyfloor.com/tile/TileFloo...
MrsKosha

Think link goes over the different types of laminate www.findanyfloor.com/Buy...
Our members have made a total of 644 posts
We have 8178 registered members
The newest member is Ironside
FORUM RULES
You are not logged in.
You cannot post replies

>